Day 13 – Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 25th 2016
Published: October 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to do a day on the Abu Dhabi big bus today, but we did not get a chance to unpack yesterday, so decide on a relaxing day doing very little. There are always plenty of loose ends to tie up and additional organisational tasks with the remainder of the trip in mind. We leave home with a set but flexible agenda. Sometimes we change the agenda at no notice at all when a potential for obvious improvement arises.

We have accumulated a large pile of washing so we group it all up and send it in for the hotel laundry service. The bill for this was vast but seeing the finished products has made it a lighter blow. This is the last time we will have to do this, as the next place has their own washing machine.

We have run out of water, milk and all other drinks, so we went down to Marina Mall in the hire car to stock up.

Before shopping, we head up the Marina Mall Sky Tower where they have a revolving café. We had an enjoyable coffee and chill out. This was something we did last year and wanted to visit again. It revolves very slowly, so to get photos all around, you have to walk the rest of the way.

After shopping, including picking up some supplies for home, we head to Tim Horton´s for lunch. We have three more vouchers with them as we are now in Abu Dhabi. We use two of them for today lunch.

When we were in Abu Dhabi last year, we made a couple of visits to a chicken shop across from the hotel. Tonight we made a return visit to see if it is as good as we remember. It was ok, but not sure we will be going back there again this time. Nothing beats a KFC though and there are some here too!

Today has been a nice relaxing day. Think we needed that after two weeks of sightseeing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



23rd October 2016

Day 13
Omg how I could just do with a KFC NOW that's the one thing I miss on the reef. .
23rd October 2016

KFC
You must know about the KFC by Primark in Santa Cruz ?

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb