Day 115: Koycegiz


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Koycegiz
August 21st 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we left the hotel bright and early at 6am and headed to Koycegiz. The drive took about 3 hours and we stopped on the way to take some photos of the scenery. When we arrived we checked into our hotel that we would be staying in that night.

We walked down to the waterfront at 10.30 and got on a boat which took us across a lake to a channel where there was a beach. On the way we saw a massive turtle, apparently these turtles usually lay their eggs on that particular beach.
We went for a swim and the. Had lunch on the boat, then they took us to a natural mud bath and we covered ourselves in mud. We sat on the side and let it dry then we showered and had a swim in the lake.

We headed back to where we had been picked up in the morning, on the way stopping to jump off the boat into the lake. We bought some wine and chips from the bar on board, and sat up on the top deck of the boat as we sailed back in. It was a pretty nice way to end a very cool day.

Once we got back to the hotel we had dinner there, and then we went for a bike ride along the waterfront. After our 5.30 start we were pretty shattered so we got a relatively early night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb