Day 114: Pamukkale


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Pamukkale
August 20th 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left at 9.30 from the hotel and drove 3 hours to Pamukkale, which is an area inland with terraced natural calcium formations which you can swim in. We had lunch when we first arrived, then took some photos from the bottom before we went up to the top of them. They look like snow but are hard like rock, kind of what I'd imagine the pink and white terraces would have looked like. When they were first discovered all of the terraces had pools of water covering them, but they have been damaged over the years so some areas have no water. There is a small area which we swam in, it wasn't very deep but it was refreshing because it was such a hot day. After our swim we sat and had a cold drink and then headed back to the van.

We drove back to Kusadasi where we were spending one more night. We had an extra girl joining our tour for the rest of the time so she was waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived. We sat by the pool at our hotel for awhile, then we walked into the town to get some dinner and walked back again.

Everyone on the tour is so nice and we are having a really good time with each other. Once we got back to the hotel it was nearly midnight so we went straight to bed because we had to be up at 5.30 the next morning to leave for Koycegiz.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb