On the Plane again


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Bodrum
May 14th 2012
Published: May 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another boring day traveling today. We re-packed our bags - not that there was much to re-pack - it was more a case of deciding to leave some warm and wet weather clothing and some Route 66 travel guides behind.

We were picked up by mini-cab just before 1.00pm and dropped off at Terminal 2 by about 1.30pm. That was the quick bit!! Kath had checked us in on-line so first we waited in the queue to drop our bags off - well, we thought it was the bag drop queue!! It turned out we had walked straight past the bag drop counters and we were actually in the check-in line. D'oh! Fortunately we realised this before we got all the way to the head of the queue!!!

We transferred over to the bag drop counters where there were no queues! We walked straight up and we were checked in by a staff member who lived in Sydney before moving (back?) to the UK 15 years ago. What are the chances?

With the bags dropped off we headed off to the interminably long security screening queue. What a drag! Finally, we cleared security and we were able to go and wait at the departure gate. So much waiting around!

Eventually our flight boarded on time and we were off to Turkey at about three in the afternoon! It was a three and a half hour flight, but with the two hour time difference it was after 9.00pm when we landed in Bodrum. All of the British tourists have to buy a £10.00 visa to enter Turkey as they come into the airport terminal. Australian tourists have to buy a £14.00 visa to enter Turkey!! It certainly made the guy at the visa desk sit up and take notice when we handed over our blue passports.

We were transferred to the Voyage resort at Torba by mini-bus without any drama. At the front desk we were fitted with our delightful green plastic bracelets to show that we are 'all inclusive' guests. This means that ALL of our food and drink for the next fortnight is included. The only exception is the Teppanyaki restaurant - if we decide to have a meal there. We were shown to our lovely (if compact) rooms, where we unpacked our bags before enjoying a light, late meal from the midnight buffet!! The muzak in the main restaurant is popular (?) 80s and 90s tracks given the pan pipes treatment. Groan! Who doesn't love Barry's 'Mandy' or Celine's 'My Heart Will Go On' with a pan pipe makeover? Actually, did anyone like the originals??!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.496s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 30; qc: 120; dbt: 0.2436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb