Jordan-Petra at last-17Sept-22Sept2010


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan
October 30th 2010
Published: October 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yet another border crossing-into Jordan. We left Dahab by ferry to Aqaba a 4 hour trip which took 12 hours. The journey was pleasant- relaxing playing cards in our own lounge.Alate night entry to Jordan and on to a "Bedouin Palace" and sleeping by the pool. We drove on to Wadi Rum and camped in the full moon amongst the magnificant hills. Annie and I climbed a hill and consumed a bottle of wine. There was a trip into the desert as well.On to the reason for Jordan -Petra. We spent a full day exploring the ruins. The treasury of course but the site had much more- very spread out. Temples,library etc etc. A truly magnificant day and no Indiana Jones.The next day we continued to Mt Nebo where we camped on the top. It was very windy and no sign of Moses but we saw the promised land. Next day we drove on past the Dead sea and stopped for swimming and phots of our super buoyancy-then it was canyoning which was magnificant and served to wash off the salt from the dean sea. After a brief stop in Amman it was on to Syria.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb