Dead Sea & Bethany


Advertisement
Middle East » Jordan » West » Dead Sea
March 6th 2011
Published: March 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For all those unfamiliar with the Muslim religion and their countries, the call for prayers can be quite a shock. Although I was semi aware, the shock at around 5am on our first morning in Jordan was similar to someone coming into the room and pressing play to AC/DC at full volume right up to your ear. We hadn’t a clue what was going on. I’m not 100%!s(MISSING)ure what is said to call people... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




17th March 2011

Nice to see you blogging again. Are you goign to Syria? I am hoping to go there in the near future. Well, some time after I go Sumatra this August anyway.
17th March 2011

Syria
I'm afraid we only had 8 days in Jordan. As always I wish we had more. I have another trip in two months to either Turkey or Greece. Not sure. For some reason though, I now have a weird fascination of the Middle East & North Africa.
18th March 2011

Apparently Syria is a real gem, or so a number of folks on TravelBlog have told me. Getting the visa is a real pain though. I will fly to Turkey and hope to get the visa at the Syrian border, because getting it from a consulate seems the more complicated way. I hear, you can get it at the border if you have an Irish passport. Otherwise, I will just stay in Turkey. Either way, I will get to see more of the world. Yeah, I have a fascination with the Middle East and North Africa too. They are very exotic, so more of a travel experience. I have that fascination for Asia too.
16th April 2011

I read about your struggle with your audio guide, and so sorry to hear about that, the thing is that the digital card you had , has 2sides , one is English , the other is russion , so if you want to hear narration in English u need to use the English side , unfortunatly it seems u used the Russian side.
16th April 2011

I read about your struggle with your audio guide, and so sorry to hear about that, the thing is that the digital card you had , has 2sides , one is English , the other is russion , so if you want to hear narration in English u need to use the English side , unfortunatly it seems u used the Russian side.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb