Final Jordanian destination


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Aqaba
June 10th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arab family at the beachArab family at the beachArab family at the beach

Remember: it is about 35-40 degrees.
Four days have passed and we have reached the south of Jordan, Aqaba at the red sea. After warm and long days in the desert it was time to treat ourselves with a nice dip in the crystal clear water. I've been to Eilat twice and I have always been able to see Jordan from far, but now I was in Jordan looking at Israel and Eilat. It was a funny feeling. We were sitting on the beach in Aqaba, to the left we could see a city belonging to Saudi Arabia (walking distance), across the sea were the mountains of Sinai in Egypt and to the right, in the bay, was Eilat, Israel. It's a weird feeling knowing we can't go to the left (Saudi Arabia) and the people to the right (Israel) can't come to us or to the place on the otherside of the sea (Egypt)

Like i have always said, the Red Sea is only good if you put the head under the water. On land is boring, there are rocky uncomortable beaches and the water is not that refreshing. The difference between Aqaba and Eilat, Aqaba is in an arab country and women swim with burkas.

We stayed for a few hours in Aqaba at the beach, then we went to the border. We walked from arab signs to hebrew signs, from heat to air conditioning, muslim to jewish, it's a very funny feeling crossing a border by foot like that.

And now? Now I'm back in Israel again. Catalina left back home and I have still 3 more weeks to spend before it is my time to say goodbye😞

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb