Departing Petra toward Aqaba


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Aqaba
April 25th 2008
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early to beat the crowed and visited the ruins a second time. This sunrise visit was well worth it. The light on the rocks and ruins was amazing and it was a completely different experience without the crowds.
We got on the road for the Wadi Rum desert. This is a beautiful desert made famous by the Arab Revolt and TE Lawrence in the early 20th century. The movie Lawrence of Arabia was also filmed here.
Our plan was to do a little off road driving here. However, our car is packed full of water, gas, tools, camping equipment, clothes, souvenirs and us. We realize very quickly we are too heavy to drive in sand. We took some pictures and moved on.
We reach Aqaba, Jordan in the early afternoon. Mo found a dive shop and got to dive in the Red Sea, Lisa hung out by the roof-top pool and Al took a nap.
The guy from the dive shop suggested we have dinner at this great little local outdoor restaurant. We all 3 ate for around $13 and it was one of the best meals we’ve had on this trip.
Great day!
A bit about Aqaba….
It’s hot. Israel is latterly just down the beach. The Saudi border is 14k away. The diving here is great.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb