Konia (June)


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Paphos
June 6th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LatchiLatchiLatchi

John & Stella at Latchi
Sunday, 31st May, 2009, saw us with an early start and a drive off to Larnaca airport, to pick up my parents for a fortnights holiday with us.

This was our first drive in this direction and we arrived not long after they had got through the arrivals and outside.

We had a quiet first day as they had travelled overnight and did a wander around Kato Paphos in the evening.

Monday, we took a drive up to Latchi, had a walk around the marina and a very pleasant lunch.

A quick stop for refreshments at Agios Gheorgious on the way back to look at the harbour.

Tuesday, was a trip around the Tomb of the Kings, archaeological site. This was my first time here and It was certainly a lot bigger site than I had expected. Very interesting, the rock hewn tombs are all over the place.

Wednesday was another visit for us to the Eleouthkia Botanical Gardens, but still very enjoyable and lovely to see all the plants.

We went Aphrodite’s Rock on the way back, first of all stopping at the CTO Restaurant, which was expensive.

Then down to the actual rock and a look around the beach.

Thursday, we had decided on a shopping day, with a visit to the supermarket first.

Then on to Debenhams and Pat topped up on her Clinique supplies.

Next a shop we had passed a number of times, but hadn’t gotten around to stopping at. Turned out it was one we had had recommended to us a few times by friends, called “Pop Life” we picked up all manner of things, a base for the umbrella, a solar bug zapper, shades for the car and a case of diet coke. This place was the best value that we have seen for a while and somewhere we shall be revisiting.

On the way back we also stopped at the Shoe Emporium, again a shop we have driven past a number of times, Pat ended up buying three pairs of shoe’s and I bought one. Again, a place we will be revisiting.

Today, being the 4th June, was my parents 49th wedding anniversary. Congratulations to them. We had made planned to take them out for a special meal to celebrate, and the approved choice was a Chinese meal at Chloe’s.

The evening started with a glass of champagne before we left the apartment.

We were seated on the third floor next to the window, with a view overlooking the harbour area of Kato Paphos. An altogether excellent meal, with wonderful service. A lovely evening.

Friday, was a drive out to Larnaca. My parents have holidayed in Cyprus for a number of years and usually in the area of Larnaca. Over the years they have made a number of friends and they had arranged to meeet one of them for lunch.

An earlier start to the day as we had a distance to travel and arrived around eleven o’clock.

As we sat having a coffee, in a small café just after parking the car, some friends of my parents walked past by sheer coincidence and after saying hello, arranged to meet later on.

We went for a brief while into St. Lazarus church and saw the alleged tomb of Lazarus. Then on to the museum, again for a short visit.

Then off to lunch at “The Meeting place”, a place my parents had used a number of times and greeted by old friends. We had lunch and drinks and my parents friend turned up, so all the gossip and latest news was caught up with.

Then down to the beach area and met with some more friends and acquaintances.

We left the main part of Larnaca and headed for the area and apartments, that my parents had stayed in for a number of years, and which I had had a holiday one year. The lady who owned the apartments was there and more catching up was completed.

Following this we drove off to the Sovereign Base Area at Dhekelia, where as it happens I was born, to look for a highly recommended Fish & Chip shop for our tea. This was found and we all enjoyed our meal.

The hospital that I was born in was demolished a number of years ago.

Saturday, was a quiet day, with a visit to the supermarket and a wander round Kato Paphos and the sea front.

The time of the festival of Kataklysmos is upon us and both the Larnaca and Kato Paphos sea fronts are filled with stalls, as part of the festival.

The weather has been very kind to us and clear blue skies most of the times. I don’t remember which day, but the car temperature was 42°C, so definitely getting warmer.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb