The Chateaux de la Loire with my ladies...


Advertisement
Europe
July 10th 2016
Published: August 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

France has had one of the worst weather for Spring in years. Summer would never make it this year....till we arrived! The weather was as gorgeous as it could be, and this is an important factor for a great time visiting the Chateaux de la Loire!



We could spend a full week visiting the castles, but we don't have a full week. And as much as I love those visits, you do not want to go into a castle overdose! So we are spending 48 hours around Tours. Like this, we know we will be back on day for more visits...



This time, we drove around Chambord. I still have to visit the inside of the Chateau, I guess this is on our list for our next visit here.. We than do the short drive to the gorgeous little visit of Blois to visit one of the oldest castle in the region. Just a beautiful visit...wish they would let us sleep here! This was it for our first day, after all, we drove all the way from Epernay that day, without driving a single highway....I love those small roads! Tonight we are sleeping just outside Tours, and on the menu, it's mussels...waffles and a good sleep!



Next morning we are up early. Today challenge is to beat the crowds. We are at the gate of Chenonceau by 9am, and we have the all park for ourselves. Visiting such a place with that sun, and zero crowds is just a blessing! We make sure we enter the castle early enough too. Job done! Enjoy the pictures, my ladies had an amazing time!



Next, we are driving North to the little city of Chaumont-sur-Loire to visit the Chateau de Chaumont. You can see it from the road, but walking to it is way more impressive. The inside of the chateau is a little amazing, but we truly enjoy the tour of the stables. Lunch was on the go with a little take-away...and a great location on the Loire. We finished our day visiting castles, passing by Amboise and finally to Azay-le-Rideau South-West of Tours. The chateau is getting a serious outside restoration. So sadly for us, the chateau is half surrounded by scaffolding. Still, I have to admit, the place is simply beautiful, inside as well as outside. A place we could too, move in tomorrow morning. Well, we may want to have them finishing the work of restoration!



That evening, we decided to do a full seafood orgy in our room. love the seafood here, but why pay triple the price for something that is so basically cooked! A tour in a proper supermarket will do it. We are properly equipped for it, and we even do it with amazing bubbles from Gimonnet!



Next morning, we left early again. Yes, I have to admit, we do wake up early, and this every morning, on holidays! This time, we drove by chinon. No time for us to visit it this time as we are heading to the Atlantic coast to meet a friend. But Chinon visit is another place I'm adding to our next visit to the region.



This was our little tour of the Chateaux with my Ladies....not sure how much Tiffany will remember of the history of the Kings of France....but whatever, we had a great time, with amazing weather!


Additional photos below
Photos: 76, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb