La Baule, it's not really beach time!


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Brittany, here we are....and for now, it's fun with friends. Christophe, you'll have to wait my next entry! Huge smile!

Today we are meeting Flora, who is just living few kilometers away in Nantes. It's a small world, Flora is a great friend of mine, from Congo!



We left Tours early and stopped by Chinon on the way. We have a meeting for lunch right on the beach. Today for lunch, is mussels time again and way too much rose wine...and truly fun time seeing Flora again! No driving after such a lunch, so we hit the seaside town with a game of mini-golf! We are kids, we can be fun and share it with people around. La Baule hosts the longest beach in Europe, running all the way from Pornichet. So trust me, we walk, and we walk! Stopped on the way for an ice-cream, and even had to take the small riff-off train to get back to our hotel at a decent hour. Thanks Flora, that was fun!



Next morning, we headed to the Salines of Gerande. This is one of the top region for producing high quality sea-salt in France. They have only one tour in English per day....this tells you that this place is mainly populated with French citizens on holidays...the international hasn't made it to La Baule! We had a one hour tour with a very interesting guide, and some fun testing Slat is obviously back to Bangkok!



For lunch, we stopped by the Moulin du diable outside of the medieval city of Gerande for a galette. A galette is a salty thin pancake/crepe to which you had up some eggs, cheese, cold cut or anything you fancy. What a lunch! Little stroll in the city of Gerande after this. As you can see, the sun is still firmly with us. But I have to admit, no way we are going to swim in the Atlantic...that water is just around 16 degrees!



By 4pm, it was golf time. Happy hour as the price drop by 30% on the green fee. There is nobody on the 2 international courses of La Baule. I wanted to play here for ever...and I did suffer properly! I only have 7 clubs with me, and this is a serious long course....would have been doing good usage of my driver, but he is still in Bangkok! Thanks to my gorgeous caddy for that round! I managed to shot a 88 and didn't lose that many balls in the water. But this is truly a serious contender course for international competitions. Glad I finally made it!



Next morning, we did a short drive all the way to Le Croisic. The little sea resort is just north of La Baule. The place is simply gorgeous, but we cannot do every gorgeous place of France in just a few days...we will be back! Next we head back to the outskirt of Nantes, we have another fun lunch planned! This time meeting another friend...yes, more than 20 years since I met Christophe! So more pictures coming soon...


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb