Arrived in Prague


Advertisement
Europe
August 9th 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Vienna this morning on a four hour train ride to Prague. The trains have been a great way to get around but they've been very full so it was a great decision to reserve seats that evening a few days ago in Budapest as we'd never had found four seats together otherwise.

Vienna was a great place to visit, but the fact that it was a little more upmarket was made clear by the fact that despite looking Ben did not find a single shop to buy a football (soccer) shirt. I don't think he'll have a problem in Prague!

On arrival in Prague we ran into the now-familiar problem of not having local currency cash to pay the taxi driver. In Vienna we found someone reluctantly willing to take a credit card, here we found a driver who'd take Euros instead of Czech Korunas (aka Crowns). He worried me when he asked for 50 Euros for a 10 minute taxi ride, but it turned out that his English was only a little better than my (non existent) Czech and we eventually figured out that he meant 15, not 50, Euros.

Our hotel is in the heart of the old town and after the very "cosy" family room in Vienna's Novotel we were in for a nice surprise here. The family room in the Barcelo turned out to be a very large and fancy suite! We could definitely get used to this place!

We walked down to the main square in old town for supper and watched a few of the street performers. The highlight for Ben was certainly the guy demonstrating his freestyle soccer skills which were truly amazing.

Back to the hotel where we will try not to get lost in the suite. Tourist wanderings starts tomorrow and we are here for two full days. Oh, and I've discovered why stag/bachelor parties are so common here.....a pint of beer only costs about $1.50 or £1.00.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb