Combination Work Day/Shopping Day


Advertisement
Europe
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to a steady rainfall as we departed early - at 7:00 a.m. - to head to the worksite. Today our intent was to work until noon to complete the walls and reserve the afternoon for a final opportunity for souvenir shopping for family and friends.

Working at a fast pace, work continued on drywall, final insulation in the bathroom, ceiling work and readying the floors for pouring the cement. It's really starting to look like a home and the progress feels good! When the bus came at noon to return to Krakow, Phil, Angie and Kirk volunteered to stay behind to help prepare the floors for the pouring of the cement. We thank them for being willing to give up their half-day of shopping to continue progress moving forward on the home.

The balance of the group arrived back in Krakow around 1:30 and most headed to the Market Square to do final shopping and sightseeing. Some visited St. Mary's Basilica in the Market Square which was built from the end of the 13th century until the beginning of the 15th century. The beautiful and amazing altar is the largest of its kind in Europe, having been created from 1477-1489. Others visited the Princes Czartoryski Museum, home of Da Vinci's famous "The Lady with an Ermine." Others simply shopped, picking up amber jewelry and other treasures from our stay in Poland.

While most of the evenings we have gathered for group dinners, tonight we are "on our own" to seek out our adventures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb