Segovia Day 1


Advertisement
Europe
June 12th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Segovia AquaductSegovia AquaductSegovia Aquaduct

View of the Aquaduct of Segovia, Spain.
Segovia Day 1: Took the bus from Avila at 12:30, arriving at Segovia about 1:30. We could see the Alcanzar, the castle that Disney World loosely copied for the Magic Kingdom castle. After heading in the wrong direction for a ways, we asked some locals and found one of the city tourist information offices. They easily got us oriented towards our hotel. After a pleasant stroll, mostly uphill, we found the Hotel Las Linajes and checked in. It is a very nice hotel, the best place so far. Tired from the trip, we decided to eat lunch in the hotel. A decent combination plate was only 7 Euros. After lunch and a rest, we strolled around town a bit and ended up at the Alcanzar, after seeing the aquaduct....wow, cool sights, both of them. Tomorrow morning we will take the tour of Alcanzar. About 9pm, normal time here for dinner, we ate at a typical local bar. Manoli had soup and trout and I had a great mixed salad and artichokes with ham. All was excellent and inexpensive. Well, off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

SegoviaDinnerSegoviaDinner
SegoviaDinner

Our first dinner in Segovia, Spain at Meson La Posada.


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb