European vacation


Advertisement
Europe
May 14th 2006
Published: May 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a week in London, my parents, Carlee and I set off on a 1 week trip that Winnie and Barry had arranged before they left Canada. We took in a lot during this week.

First of all we went to Paris for 2 nights. I can't say enough about this city. The cheese is awesome and I got to see the Mona Lisa, it was fun. The Louvre was absolutely amazing, it is a famous museum/art gallery. We got to see many famous paintings, the Mona Lisa is smaller than I thought, ancient statues such as the Venus de Milo, an unbelievable Egyptian exhibit that made me wonder what they have left to show people in Egypt, it was not possible to take it all in in one day. We went to the Notre Dame cathedral - WOW. And St. Micheal's square a meeting spot for students since the 13th century and the starting location of the recent riots in Paris and many in the past.

Next stop Switzerland for another 2 nights. It was very beautiful with cheap swiss army knives. We went into the mountains on a half hour gondola ride, but was very similar to Canada although good to experience. Winnie got up on stage at this event we went to and learnt how to yodel and yes i have a video of it. It's hilarious. We had cheese fondue and sausage and then hit the road for Germany.

In Germany we cruised on the Rhine river, saw some waterfalls and learnt about cookoo clocks at a shop in the Black Forest. Only one day here but me and Carlee and some others on the tour managed to find a bit of time for some nightlife and to sample the German beer, it was very smooth.

And our last stop was Amsterdam where we got high and walked around. All in all it was a good trip, for the amount of ground that we covered, we did see a fair bit and it wasn't all out the window of the bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

at the louvreat the louvre
at the louvre

venus de milo
at the louvreat the louvre
at the louvre

egyptian exhibit
st micheal's squarest micheal's square
st micheal's square

this one is for you joe
switzerlandswitzerland
switzerland

winnie fine tunes her yodelling skills
germanygermany
germany

the rhine river


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 17; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb