London - part 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 19th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our whirlwind trip we returned to uncle Matt's and met up with my brother Blair and his girlfriend Lindsay. We mostly just hung out all week and went into town a couple of times. I went to the Salvador Dali gallery one day. It was neat. I never knew he did so many sculptures. Of course many images were repetitive and consistent in both his painting and his sculptures such as the melting clock, the spanish bean, snails and there were several sculptures with elephants and paintings with his wife in them. It was a good exhibit.

Another place we went to was a free art gallery. I like free. We saw Van Gogh, Botticelli, Leonardo and some others as well as a ton of religious paintings from various artist.

The London Tower in the pics is another castle, this one located downtown on the river. This one was not as fancy as the windsor castle and seemed more of a defense fort and had a sort of prison/torture chamber from back in the day. Also in the pics is the famous London Bridge.

Overall I liked London because I knew people there otherwise I don't think it would have been as enjoyable of an experience. However. the public transport was easy to figure out, there is a lot to see, and you can go pretty much anywhere in Europe from London for reasonable prices and FAST.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

london tower scaffoldlondon tower scaffold
london tower scaffold

this is where Henry the 8th beheaded 2 of his wives, i don't know why divorce wasn't an option.........


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb