the motherland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle Peninsula
June 6th 2006
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I LOVE IRELAND!!!!!!

I'm really having a lovely time here in Ireland. We took an overnight ferry from Swansea in Wales about a week ago now and had a beautiful sunrise that morning that seems to have been a good omen since. We have had only bright sunny days since our arrival. People are like, no one gets a suntan in Ireland, what is going on? Anyways, Carlee and I rented a car and have been cruising. On the left side of the road that is, in a manual, the stick also on the left, but only one mishap when I took out someones sideview mirror and part of my own, oops. But honestly, the roads here are very thin and wind all around, it's really cute.

So the Irish people are GREAT. They love their country and we have met some real historians. For example, St. Patrick (ie. St. Patrick's day) not only saved? the pagans by introducing Christianity, but he also got rid of all the snakes in Ireland, who knew? I thought Shirly would be happy to hear that one and may have a new reason to get all green on St. Patty's day. There is a lovely spirit behind the people here, very warm, relaxed, giggly and great storytellers, it's really something.

Me and Carlee have mostly been hitting the beaches here when not drinking guiness. First off, I had no idea there would be such lovely beaches here and lots of them. Second, I never knew how good guiness was, it really is good for you, full of iron apparently. Truthfully though, I've not been hungover and I've certainly drank enough that I should be, so I think it is quality beer or I've finally learned the benefits of a bit of water here and there to balance things out.

We are in a cute town called Dingle on the southwest coast, just arrived last night after a bit of a cruise inland from Cork. We went to this town called Callen in search of our long lost relatives but they did not have a registry and the priest was not home, no cemetary to be found, so at least we were there, although everyone we ask says Kefoot is not a well known Irish name, like not known at all, but whatever.

So here's a few pics, our Irish adventure
Cork cityCork cityCork city

view from the ferry
is just beginning now that we have this car, so we are off on our search for the four leaf clover, Carlee thinks it is hidden in the bottom of a pint of guiness, we'll see.............


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Old church in CallanOld church in Callan
Old church in Callan

this is in the town of our long lost relatives
marymary
mary

a shrine to mary in the middle of a farmer's field where me and carlee went for a hike


7th June 2006

The Irish Jig
Hi gals, Fantastic pics! Wow, what beaches. You guys look great..all that fresh air and Guiness. Pretty brave to rent a car. Carlee, keep your seat belt on. xoxo
7th June 2006

Hey Girls! So glad to hear that you're enjoying Ireland (and the Guinness) as much as Blair and I did! Have fun, and watch the driving, you crazy girls.
7th June 2006

-Good to see u and carl are still alive and having fun, be safe and look after each other
8th June 2006

Go Griswalds!!
Hi Ang, loved reading your blog, full of humour and mischief, glad to see you havn't changed. Hope to catch up on travels past and present real soon, keep smiling! Jamie
9th June 2006

Hi Angie
It seems really good place. In my future, I want go there too. Have a great trip and I really miss you Angie
16th June 2006

Jeez louise! You really get around, don't you! :p Awesome blog!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb