Part #4 - Clogs, Kilts and Tea


Advertisement
Europe
February 10th 2010
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Part #4 Clogs, kilts and tea

A few quick days in Amsterdam and then I was off to London to catch up with old friends. Gotta love easyjet fares! Upon arrival i met up with Robert, who I've known a few years now since our kings meeting in Cairo through Nile sailing, to Aussie shores and then soggy London town. We had a rip-roaring Thai dinner party with some of his mates. We took advantage of the weekend to race up to Edinburgh! And after a shocking train trip we parked ourselves in our hostel and decided to try and climb arthur's seat, the nearby mountain... Took the wrong path and walked up the wrong part, to a dead end, so we turned arous and came back. The trip was highlighted by haggis and big breakfasts, heart pavement spitting, welsh rugby fans taking over, free tours, bagpipes and pubs. It was a great laugh all in all. and then back to London, another epic train ride. Then explored London and all it's wonders. All the free museums and parks and cafes and bars, and of course lovely people. Caught up with Jess Bernhart from Jordan times and Archie Sinclair who joined me on our epic Ramadan venture to Iraq to solve a (colour of Iraqi tourist visa stamp) bet back in 2009. Also went on an epic journey to find the best coffee in London (found it, Leila's shop, just ask if you want to try). And of course much other madness was had, with slightly odd trips to kids museums, Camden hang outs, and uber friendly breakfast joints (E Pellicci loads of fun, do it). Sadly the short trip would end too soon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb