The travel begins!


Advertisement
Europe
December 3rd 2010
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Welcome! 
So i've finally begun something I should've done years ago! This will hopefully keep all you lovely family and friends up to date (in unison) with my travels. I'll start by backdating this slightly, and get you up to date. 

Part #1 Aus-A'dam

In early november 2010 I left Australia and headed off to Europe, for what would wind up being a very cold 3 weeks. Upon arriving met with Ineke and spent the next 3 weeks exploring the ins and outs of amsterdam's wandering canals and streets, attempting to comprehend the language (poorly), and getting to know the wonderful people. After meeting the lovely group of 8, Ineke's close friends, i had many suggestions on things to do! They were all very kind and assisted me in finding some of the finer things in Amsterdam: from the greatest apple pie in the Jordaan to cafes that never let you down (singel 404 for those heading nederlandward), to home cooked dinners, to pirate ship open mic nights, to gorgeous libraries that make you WANT to study, awesome concerts (marina & the diamonds & two door cinema club), it had it all! And with only one small bike accident (apologies to Ineke for dragging her with me) i got the hang of cycling Amsterdam like a local. In an attempt to do the rest of holland justice I made a quick trip off to den haag, for a few days of quirky misadventure and unbelievable stories.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb