Flight Cancelled


Advertisement
Europe
April 20th 2010
Published: April 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

And where is the windy UK weather when you need it? It is sunny and mild today and probably a lovely day to be stuck in London if you had not already walked the touristy streets for days and were all museumed and castled out. I am meant to be in Samos, warming up and relaxing after living out of a suitcase for weeks, before heading home. But will have to wait who knows how long for a flight. Once the flights start there will be a backlog and of course you cannot get through on helplines or get a response to emails.
It is probably not having any idea of when i will fly out that is most frustrating as don't know whether to head off to country uk or stay in london. if my flight does become available and i am a day away what then. The airlines have been telling people to turn up then sending them home. what fun, not.
Of course people at home will be thinking, poor Leonie, stuck on holiday. Well i would still be on holiday in Greece, just where i had planned to be, not where the volcano has stuck me. I met a Canadian woman in Bath whose husband is in Sorrento so they are having separate holidays until the flights start. Plenty of stories out there and mine is one of the least complicated i suppose. So long as this does not go on until my return to Perth date, in which case I may have to swim the channel and get a flight from Paris. I am rambling now, so will go back to playing Monopoly tourist and pop up out of the underground and explore.

Advertisement



20th April 2010

:(
what a bummer - i'd much rather be on the beach too instead of in london! while you are there however, there's a great place we went to with lin and tom. it's called gordon's wine bar and it's worth a look (and drink obviously) (http://gordonswinebar.com/default.php). i also loved Tate modern if you haven't been there already, we spent a lot of time there. i'll ask lin if she has any other suggestions for you while you're stuck! hope you get to sunny greece soon - opa!

Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb