Where in the world is ATBD?


Advertisement
Europe
October 15th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So much time has passed since our last entry. We have grown with our sorrows and overcome our pain from the loss of our unborn child.It was an adventurous few weeks in Luang Prabang, Laos. We let go of our little miracle in the waters of the mighty Mekong, with a prayer and a song on one very special boat ride.

The weeks that followed where tough but we made the most of what we had and did enjoy our time in Europe.

Our first stop back in the Oldest continent, was London. It was a comforting first stop on our journey to Cyprus, mainly due to the warm and loving friendship of our very dear friend Stacey.
Happy and uncomplicated, warm natured and kind, she gave up the comfort of her warm double bed, so Andy and I could sleep there. We spent some precious quality time together, visiting the cliche landmarks of the old city and enjoying delicious meals at brick lane and the markets.

Andy suprised me with his determination to visit Paris, the city of lights, no matter the cost. he knew that I, like every other girl, loves the city and that any decent honeymoon, no matter how adventurous, is not complete, unless Paris is involved! And so we went on the bus and on the fairy across the channel and there we where!

It was nothing short of romantic and picture perfect as is expected of this city. We walked the wide side walk along the majestic Champs Elysees, in the rain (it's always in the rain!!! SATC), kissed under a starlit sky on the peak of the Eiffel tower, ate many baguettes and drank french wine (lots of it), had our portraits done at Mont Matre and spent hours in galleries, museums, parks and all the gothic churches of the city. It was the most wonderful time as we re-discovered ourselves and each other.

A few days in Manchester with my darling childhood friend Anna and her new band member partner Dave (isn't that what manchester is all about?) where so much fun. The four of us jazzed it up at the Manchester jazz festival, drank beer in various pubs, cooked a very british bangers and mash and washed the whole lot down with a big carton of Budweiser! Long conversations and big huggs, what a blessing to have such great friends.

We attended the wedding of Dale and July, a super opportunity to get all dressed up, in heels and make up (ehemm just me!), dance a storm up that evening (where did Andy get those moves from???) and make wild passionate love (did I shock you all? we are married you know...) in a brand new hotel room out in the very english countryside. We wrapped the whole thing up by attending the wrong breakfast party the morning after (extremely embarrasing) and where on our way back to London, to nurse a bad hangover!

Our time in London, Machester and Paris was the perfect transition into the next part of our long honeymoon, returning to my homeland Cyprus and for Andy solving the last piece of the puzzle - getting to know exactly where I come from!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Andy and the little people...Andy and the little people...
Andy and the little people...

Charles Saatchi Gallery, London


Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb