Up and running(again)


Advertisement
Europe
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe what has happened in the intervening period.Now the owner of 2 houses in the village of Boyana ,Dobrich area. Living in the spare one(!) currently as first stage of alterations is nearly completed. Sam's visit is the next milestone then phase 2 and 3. Contrary to my expectations of the 'Outre/manana' building work ,they have revamped my kitchen and bathroom with a toilet new shower,boiler, septic tank dug and constructed,new fridge,wash machine and gas/electric cooker fitted with stainless sink insert ,4 room floors tiled with 'terrecots' and the downstairs cellar also covered with the tiles and new drain for 2nd shower dug down there. Total cost to date incl fittings bought separately is 2,000 pounds!!. and they only started last Mon(2nd).!!

my own success was the purchase of the fridge ,cooker ,gas botle, regulator and hose and fill -up ,washing machine all without any eng speaking help. V. Pleasing! Just on a note of general interest to anyone wanting to use gas for camping, living etc. you do not exchange bottles as in UK but take them to one of the petrol stations showing' Gaz' and they manually fill/refill for the princely sum of 20Lv(6.75 approx!). The other tradition in the country is that neighbours help each other and exchange food or other gifts just from goodwill,also that if you visit a friend's house you bring a floral tribute. Have to say mar4ket has wonderful stalls and it explains the number of them and the constant purchasing of flowers I have noticed daily. one other bit of news is that Vanya(Kapital) was entered in a good homemaker type show as in the UK when 4 people grade each others evening food, entertainment,hospitality etc. She won and I am going down to watch with the office staff when it's screened in September. Botty continues to thrive staying out each nite but still with some freedom during the day to come in and out as he's still a baby and an afectionate one!
For those wishing to write via surface mail I'm informed that where as the title deeds just describe the houses by their part of the village and neighbour's borders I am likely to be able to call at the shop(magazine) and collect anything due if sent to :

Mrs. A.K.Mccombe
Selo Boyana
Valchi Dol
Zip 9147
Varna Area.

Please someone try and also e-mail me to let me know to expect something!! No idea how long this way but pc's seem to be taking about 2 weeks to N.Ireland.

Bye all, Supergran.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb