Travels thus far . . .


Advertisement
Europe
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!! Sorry I have been so bad about updating my blog. Time went by so fast between studying and taking exams, packing and leaving Leeds. Exams went well and I'm so glad to be done 😊

On May 27th (my birthday) we took a flight from London to Budapest, Hungary. In Budapest we stayed at a great hostel, went to an Hungarian bath and saw all the sites the city had to offer. We also went caving! We wore full cover-alls and helmut with head lamps to nagivate through the caves. Many times we were crawling on our stomachs or on our backs to get through tiny spaces and tunnels. It was fun and a little scary.

Our next stop was Vienna, Austria. We weren't there very long but good a good taste of the city. We saw the Stephansdom and the beautiful buildings and streets of the famous city.

In Munich we did a bike tour of the city to hit all of the major sights. We saw the coo-coo clock, went to a couple of beer gardens and hung out in the city park (known for its huge beer garden, surfing on the river and 'naked meadow'). We took a day trip from Munich to see the castle that the Disney one is fashioned after.

Today we're in Berlin and took a walking tour of the city. We saw the big sights such as the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, and the Brandenburg Gate (the one you always see in pictures with Nazi flags hanging from it and Nazi troops walking under it). Tomorrow we're touring a concentration camp.

In the next week or so, before we meet with Andrew's parents in Zurich, Swizerland we're hitting Amsterdam, Bruges and Brussles. CHEERS!!! Kristen

ps sorry there aren't pictures yet, I'm working on it 😊

Advertisement



6th June 2007

WOW!
What an amazing adventure you are having. I love hearing the details of your travels. Be safe, be smart, have fun. LOVE YOU! Mom and Dad

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb