Hello from Greece


Advertisement
Europe
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I have been really terrible about updating my blog, the minutes seem to tick by soooo fast in the internet cafes. Since my last update we have seen just about every other country in western Europe it seems.

After Berlin we went to Amsterdam. I was a little skeptic about the wild city but ended up really enjoying our couple of days there. We took a walking tour of the city, went into Anne Frank's house and the Red Light District.

On our way to Bruges, Belgium we took a quick stop-over in Brussels, just enough time to see the towns beautiful main square and a few of the cute streets. In Bruges we rented bikes for the day to see as much as possible. We biked along the river, through the town square, to get Belgium waffles and chocolate and to a brewery tour.

We then met Andrew's parents in Zurich, Switzerland. It was wonderful to stay in a hostel and be around family! We had a great time hanging out by the lake, going to dinners, taking a day trip to Luzern and just chatting. We took a scenic train then to Interlaken, Switzerland which took us by stunning mountains and lakes. We attempted to go bungee jumping but once getting strapped in they found out the generator wasn't working and we weren't able to go. On the bright side Karen and Jim were saying in Interlaken in a great hotel with their tour group and let us sleep on the floor 😊

We made our way down to Nice, France on a night train that stopped in Milan. In Nice we simply hung out on the beach and ate food. It was relaxing and rejuvenating.

Finally we got to Italy. We stayed in Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples. In Venice we walked around the city, took a gondola ride and visited a church. In Florence we went into the Uffizi, saw the David at the Academia, the Duomo and beautiful sunset views from the Piazza Michelangelo. In Rome we did a whirlwind 2 days of sight seeing - Colosuem, Forum, Vatican City, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc. Also on the way to Rome we stopped in Pisa to see the leaning tower. In Napes we took day trips the the beautiful island of Capri and hung out on the beach and had pizza for lunch; Pompei - walked around the massive ruins of the buried city; and Positano - a cute oceanside town.

We have now arrived in Greece after taking a 16 hour ferry ride. We arrived to record breaking heat, over 100 degrees! They weren't letting people up to the Parthenon, over 30 people died due to heat and the power went out! Thankfully we get on our cruise ship tomorrow to start our week of going around the Greek islands.

We're doing well, staying somewhat fed and rested and taking TONS of pictures.
Hope all is well at home.
LOVE Kristen (and Andrew)

Advertisement



8th July 2007

Keep the updates coming...
We love hearing about all of the wonderful places you've been and can't wait to see the photographs. XXX000

Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb