Day 12


Advertisement
Europe
May 11th 2019
Published: May 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Paddington StationPaddington StationPaddington Station

We took the Heathrow Express to Paddinton Station, to catch a cab to the hotel.
Day 12

Moving from one Isle to another.

The day started in Cobh and ended in London. We drove to Dublin, turned in our vehicle, and went to Dublin airport for our flight to London.

We arrived at Heathrow, and took the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, for a cab to the hotel.

We got to the hotel, checked in and decided to walk around Covent Garden. Now, mind you, I did not lookup Covent Garden before we got here to see what it was. Uncultured as I am, I thought we were going to see a garden, like some castle or city garden, well kept with all sorts of flowers, trees, etc. No, this is a very quaint part of town, and the Covent Garden building is a craft show on steroids. Vendors are selling their wares and most all are hand made by themselves. There are the normal trinkets and things you would expect at souvenir stores, but a lot of it is one-of-a-king things made by the craftsmen and artists.

We wanted to eat before the play, so stopped in at a burger place, that is not your typical burger place. They have hamburgers, but also vegan burger, and chicken.

We had tickets also to the play 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton, at the Savoy Theater for 7:30, so we walked back to the hotel to put our stuff down, and head back out to the play.

The hotel is on St. Martin’s Lane, and it looks like everything is walking distance that we would enjoy.

We got back to the room rather late, so blog post is getting finished Sunday morning.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers reading this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

We all got in one little cabWe all got in one little cab
We all got in one little cab

4 Checked bags and 4 carry on bags along with 4 people made it in. There was not much room for legs, so they were on top of luggage and laps.
Walking from the hotel to Covent GardenWalking from the hotel to Covent Garden
Walking from the hotel to Covent Garden

The crowd is a young crowd, but not a rude crowd.
In Covent GardenIn Covent Garden
In Covent Garden

Souveniers? They have them.
Street musicianStreet musician
Street musician

He had his guitar, and was singing songs for everyone. He was doing a very good job at it.
The oldest Restaurant in London.The oldest Restaurant in London.
The oldest Restaurant in London.

Thomas Rules opened it in 1798. You can see the doorman behind us. They didn't have room for 4. They were totally booked, and reservations only. Plus, I don't think we were dressed appropriately.
Lunch LocalLunch Local
Lunch Local

Across the street was a great hamburger place. We popped in and enjoyed a great burger.
Looking down Maiden LaneLooking down Maiden Lane
Looking down Maiden Lane

You can see Rules red awning on the left.
Porterhouse Brewing CompanyPorterhouse Brewing Company
Porterhouse Brewing Company

They have a brewery and a pub. We had already eaten, and were going back to the hotel. It already had a crowd. We past around 10:30PM on the way back to hotel also, and it was more crowded.
Savoy Hotel and Theater.Savoy Hotel and Theater.
Savoy Hotel and Theater.

Corner of the lane going to the theater and Savoy Hotel and Savoy Theater.
Savoy Hotel at the end of the lane.Savoy Hotel at the end of the lane.
Savoy Hotel at the end of the lane.

Theater is to the right before you get to the Hotel.
Musical 9 to 5.Musical 9 to 5.
Musical 9 to 5.

We had tickets to the Dolly Parton production of 9 to 5. It was an awesome produciton, Actors did an awesome job. It was a great time.
Savoy TheaterSavoy Theater
Savoy Theater

This theater was the very first theater to have electricity, and be totally serviced by electricity. This is the view from our seats looking back and up.
Seats in Row C. Seats in Row C.
Seats in Row C.

Seats third row from stage. This was one of the best plays we have seen in a while. Audio was terrific, and sets were well done. A terrific time was enjoyed by all.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb