Final Stop in Scotland!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
October 5th 2006
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bamburgh CastleBamburgh CastleBamburgh Castle

On the way back to England on the coast of Scotland, near Berwick, lies Bamburgh Castle. Its really impressive!
Geo: 56.2147, -3.59105

Eventually we arrived in our final stop on our Scotish tour, Sterling. We arrived pretty late, powering down from the north.. (and because i didnt wanna leave the highlands). Checked into a bed and breakfast and walked to town, for a fancy dinner, and a few pints. Then it was sleep, and an early rise in the morning. We had to squeeze in both Sterling Castle, and the Wallace Monument.
The castle looked fairly impressive but at 8ish in the morning it was all clsoed still. we just walked around getting some good photos.
Now i dont need to rant on about who William Wallace is, everyone has seen Braveheart. It was a pretty impressive tower monument with a nice Wallace/Freedom statue. So we hiked up this hill to the monument at 8.30am in the rain.. but it was well worth it. good views over the town.
Then the long drive back to Durham, via Newcastle. We did make a couple stops, at Bamburgh Castle, and also at Seahouses. Then finally back to Durham! Where i remained the rest of the day.. just going to see my Great Aunt Veronica in the evening.
Write me and let me know whats news.. hope
Kris and StatueKris and StatueKris and Statue

Thats me leaning against a Statue just outside the Sterling Castle. I think its Robert the Bruce.
to hear from some of u guys soon 😊
Ill likely be home on the 17th or 18th of October.
My plan from here is to try take it easy a lil for a few days.. then to London on wednesday next week. then holland on the thursday.. til sunday. sunday ill fly to paris, stay sun night, go to the louvre on monday. fly back to london on tuesday, ideally to catch an immediate flight through to Australia. or alternativley il fly home on the Wednesday.
-Kris


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Kris WallaceKris Wallace
Kris Wallace

Me standing before the Wallace monument in the rain, atop the huge hill where it stands.
Me over SterlingMe over Sterling
Me over Sterling

Me sitting in front of the city of Sterling lookout point.
SeahousesSeahouses
Seahouses

The small Scottish fishing town of Seahouses on the coastline.
Sterling B&BSterling B&B
Sterling B&B

Our room at Sterling bed and breakfast. Was a fairly posh sorta area. The town was quite cool.. large enough to be entertaining. plenty of bars and younger people about.
Sterling CastleSterling Castle
Sterling Castle

A shot of Sterling Castle from the outside.
Sterling Castle GateSterling Castle Gate
Sterling Castle Gate

Joe wanders through the gates of Sterling Castle. Unfortunatley its still guarded, and the security ask us to leave, cos its too early.
View over SterlingView over Sterling
View over Sterling

view out over Sterling from the castle carpark
Wallace Statue & MonumentWallace Statue & Monument
Wallace Statue & Monument

Statue of the infamous Sir William Wallace (you've seen Braveheart havnt you). Behind, on the hilltop is his monument. Was a tough walk early in the morning in the rain, but pretty well worthwhile!


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb