Back home and adding final entries and photos.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
August 27th 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hire car 1 (Chevvy)Hire car 1 (Chevvy)Hire car 1 (Chevvy)

A very important part of the holiday, and the colour is gorgeous!!
Hi Everyone. Some of you will know we are now safely home and Lou has unfortunately had to return to work. Di (currently writing) has been able to adjust a little more gently, though the mind is still very much reliving some of the memorable moments we spent across the Atlantic, whilst the body is still functioning on Vancouver time!!

The blog was expertly typed up by Lou whilst we were in Canada, as her typing speed is much the superior and her camera provided all the great "stills", whilst Di was the movie expert, and
has 6hrs of tape should anyone be interested in being tied down to watch!! However, there are one or two shots from her camera which should be included in this entry, so hope you'll be able to link them up with the previous journals.

We will both be adding final bits and pieces from our separate computers, and this may take some time to complete. That said, we both had a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime holiday and found Canada AWESOME! (the buzz word we picked up). The sentimental part of the trip was both emotional, satisfying and brought some kind of closure to the "Geoff"
Otto at Red Deer Regional Airport.Otto at Red Deer Regional Airport.Otto at Red Deer Regional Airport.

Otto was spending a day "at the office" and was the first person we met as we visited Red Deer Regional Airport. The results of the previous night's storm meant that he couldn't enjoy outdoor activities with his pals. We are so grateful for the kindness and help shown by both him and his Mum Kim (Airport Administrator) We send them both best wishes & hope they will read this.
story, though we now have some new addresses and possible contacts where we might gain more information to fit the missing pieces of the jig-saw, ie where was his plane taking him on that final journey and why?

Naturally, we will both have different, overall views of the experience and will savour different moments as highlights, but we both definitely think Canada is a country to be revisited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

White-water raftingWhite-water rafting
White-water rafting

You should be able to recognise us at the back of the raft on the following pics; Lou- (rear left as you look at the pic)blue helmet,orange life jacket, Di -(rear right) orange helmet, yellow jacket. NB Di's hand never let go of the rope on the side!!! We both also did the cliff jump but identification on the pics isn't easy.
Lou on Lake LouiseLou on Lake Louise
Lou on Lake Louise

In the interests of keeping our kayak stable, photography was difficult to say the least!
Hire car 2 (Ford Focus Estate)Hire car 2 (Ford Focus Estate)
Hire car 2 (Ford Focus Estate)

Lovely car, even more spectacular backdrop of Moraine Lake Mountains.
King Edward Hotel, BanffKing Edward Hotel, Banff
King Edward Hotel, Banff

Geoff wrote about having a meal at this hotel in Banff Avenue. It would be interesting to know what it looked like in 1942.


Tot: 0.63s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb