York, 275 steps to the top of the Minster


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
February 25th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Ring - precious!!!!!!!The Ring - precious!!!!!!!The Ring - precious!!!!!!!

this is my fav birthday gift - my Diana (Catherine0 ring!!!!
birthday trip to York was amazing and like most days exhausting to the point we are all in bed asleep by 8pm.

The highlight birthday gift had to be the replica of princess Diana's engagement ring. Am wearing it everywhere, people look at me a bit strangely but I am loving it.

Trip to York took about 40 mins, beautiful sunny day and warm at 10 degrees. We walked the city and then headed to the Minster, which tok 250 yrs to build, it is just spectacular.

Walk to the top took about 10 minutes straight up, Kasey led the way of course. Greg and I agreed that we wouldn't have wanted to leave this sort of travel much longer, cardio fitness is improving daily.

After the minster we went boot shopping, we needed more than running shoes for all of this walking, found another bargain outletsports store, all walking boots purchased plus lots of other bargains including golf shirt for Greg and Manchester shirt for Cooper to wear to the game in a couple of weeks (what every I did Michelle worked, the tickets for the game came here). Went to my first op shop - way over priced, Primark much better but i will persevere.

Next stop was the replica Viking village of Jorvick,smelly and looked very realistic. Ended our day in York by about 4pm. we will he'd back next weekend as we left heaps out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

my candlemy candle
my candle

i prayed for a safe trip for us all.
the alterthe alter
the alter

my candle is there somewhere.
Viking skull, Viking skull,
Viking skull,

Note the huge fracture. suprisingly the cause of death!
York MinsterYork Minster
York Minster

275 steps straight up. 250 years to build.


7th March 2012

Can we have a photo of the walking boots please?
Pretty please?

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb