England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have typed this blog twice now and hopefully the saying is true...third try is a charm!! Wireless is so touchy. Our trip to England was wonderful and we can't wait to go back. We did a lot of walking and sightseeing but didn't end up seeing or doing everything. We stubled upon Buckingham Palace by accident and were ammazed by how much it is like the White House. Well, in the sense that it is a big grand house and there are people standing and staring at the gate. Of course this was way nicer, far less homeless people, and had men in cool hats. We then walked through a large portion of Hyde Park. While there we were able to here the Killers getting ready for thier performance the next day. Mike was super excited to see the Peter Pan statue. We met up with the Brits and had some wonderful curry. We attempted to go to one bar but it ended up turning into a pub crawl because most of the pubs close at around 11. Mike, Adrian, and I ended up in some random club that was a cross between a garage party and a high school dance. Beer was flowing though so it was ok. We ended up becoming the loud Americans though because when someone told Mike that MJ died he announced "He is not, I am American and I would know." The best part of the night was stumbling home. It took us a little over an hour to cross our favorite bridge and by the time we did it, the sun was coming up.

The next day, when we finally awoke, we went to the Tower of London which was pretty cool. Love the history of England. Friday was dubbed Big Gay Night Out and we went to a few bars and clubs that were way cool. Popstars was fantastic and we danced the night away.

Saturday, we went to Burrough Street Market, Westminster Abbey, and the Tate Modern. We ended our day with Fish and Chips at Weatherspoons. Not the best but every other chip shop seemed to be closed. Didn't make it out that night, we were far to tired and had laundry to do. In the morning, Elvena cooked us a proper English breakfast and it was fantastic. I am not sure what we would of done without our wonderful British friends to help us out. They were more than amazing and totally put up with our loud, drunk selves. We will get back to you on Ireland in the morning hopefully!!

Advertisement



30th June 2009

CINQUE TERRE
What is the name of our hotel in CInque Terre and the address? I am in CT just bumming and drinking wine and I thought I would find the hotel ahead of time so we do not have to search. Phil
1st July 2009

Mmmm, curry
Garage party/high school dance? Awesome, I can only imagine. I just watched Rick Steves' Europe on PBS, he was visiting Sicily. Are you going to Sicily? Rick says if you travel to Europe and don't visit Sicily, then you might as well have stayed home. I hate that guy. "I'm Rick Steves, I've been everywhere. Blah, blah, blah..."
1st July 2009

Never, Never, Never eat at a Weatherspoons!
Didn't we tell you to never eat fish n chips at a place with chairs? Weatherspoons, I think has the worst of all British food. I hope that you all managed to get some proper chips in Ireland!

Tot: 0.544s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb