Wrexham County Borough 4 Bangor on Dee Welcome to our new home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Wrexham » Marchwiel
December 25th 2020
Published: December 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Fuelled by adrenalin we arrived at our new home to find the previous owners still there. Someone joked to me a few weeks ago that they had a friend who moved house . When they arrived with their removals the previous owners were sitting in the middle of the room surrounded by all their furniture. We had not expected the same welcome . It was clear though that we were in the same position. We felt as if we had arrived at a strange town expecting something wonderful only to find that the reality was something different . A bit disappointing. What a mess . The rain was pouring down . We were wet and cold. The removals had turned up and every minute they stayed would cost us money. The rain poured into the garage, We were wet and pretty miserable. It turned out that the vendors son had only started to move his mum out two days before . She was a hoarder and her property was everywhere . "You have used removals " he said . Yes we had but we had stuff in boxes from two years ago when we first mooted moving . We had been packed up since the 27th October. We wondered why they could not have done the same . They kept us waiting as they moved stuff slowly out.

To pass the time we sat in Ziggy pondering our predicament . We ate a sandwich and pondered our new house and new village life . Compared with Wingerworth Bangor on Dee was very different . Rural rather than surburban. Very few shops . Bangor on Dee set upon the River Dee - the Dyfrdwy in Welsh. Also known as Bangor is y Coed. The river was up with the rain of the last few days . It hugs the Welsh /English border . I found dispensary for the local doctors surgery at Overton, a lovely shop - Middle Shop which sold everything you could think of . The owner was helpful . She could give me cashback . She would bring in anything we wanted to buy. I walked up Station Road . A hint of what had gone on before. There used to be a station here on the old Wrexham to Whitchurch line sadly closed by the wonderful Dr Beeching . Long may he turn in his grave . I picked up a couple bottles of wine . I felt as if we might need it . What else did I spot along the way ? There are kingfishers on the river . Perhaps in the spring I might see them . An old petrol pump and a sign on the village hall . An award of money given to the village by the infamous Jeffries family . The hanging judge . Once we got on the internet I would find out more about that family and life in the village . Welcome to our new home. We did eventually get inside .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb