Day 7 - into Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » Tenby
October 1st 2022
Published: October 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

After a lovely breakfast at our B&B, we got back on the road and headed out of Bath. We went straight to Cardiff Wales and spent a hour or two wandering around Cardiff Castle and the city of Cardiff.

One thing we will say for Wales is that the roads are much easier to navigate. Add Don’s growing confidence with the car and it wasn’t nearly as stressful a day. We only hit something once. We do have insurance.

We’re feeling a bit ignorant about the history of Wales which was particularly evident when a large parade of protesters came by - they were seeking independence from the United Kingdom.

From Cardiff, we headed along the southern coast of wales. We saw a lot of sheep.

We took a short detour to see Castle Ogmore - the ruins of a Norse castle built by one of William the Conqueror’s men. Although it was in ruins, it was clearly a formidable place in its heyday of 1300. It was abandoned in 1400 when ownership passed to one of the English kings whose chose not to return.

From there, we headed into Tenby. Tenby is a Roman walled city on the coast. Inside the walls, there are haphazard townhouses, independent shops, and quaint pubs all stacked on top of each other. It’s got an amazing beach and it’s own castle ruins.

We had dinner at a recommended pub and I had the Welsh cawl - basically lamb stew. Don has a local seafood pasta. We made it an early night as we have a washer at our AirBnB so are getting our delicates done.

Even with all the driving we got another 8.5 km walking in so we need a restful night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ProtestProtest
Protest

There were probably 700+ people plas a band…


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb