Once more to the islands...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
March 30th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back from our trip South on the Tuesday, and on the Saturday we hit the road once more, and the sea, and then the road again, to take our American friends to visit Daddy's family in the Islands.

Very sad news greeted us as we turned onto the croft. Granny Harris passed away peacefully at home in her sleep just minutes before we arrived. In her one hundredth year of life, the doctor put it down simply to old age. Granny Harris was known and loved in the community and far beyond and everyone in the family feels the loss of a wonderful lady.

So what had started out as a bit of a jolly with friends, became a full family affair, with a memorial service in the church on the Sunday night and the funeral arranged for Monday. While sad, it was lovely that the whole family were together, and there were many fond stories exchanged and laughs shared.

In between we did manage to get the Americans out and about, and showed off Daddy's islands. The weather was typically Hebridean, with sunny spells regularly cancelling out the wind, rain and hailstones, so we felt they got a good island experience!






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Some of Daddy's lot!Some of Daddy's lot!
Some of Daddy's lot!

And Granny's there too!
Gee your country is so old and quaint!Gee your country is so old and quaint!
Gee your country is so old and quaint!

Sorry, no, they don't really talk like that! :-)


Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb