The white stuff


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 7th 2010
Published: April 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monkeying about in the snowMonkeying about in the snowMonkeying about in the snow

Suited and booted! You can't see it, but his little snow boots have skulls on them - grrr!!
Skiing - how exciting! We three and the four B-Rs flew south for the winter and hit Valloire for a week's skiing (us) and boarding (them) in the week before Easter. Conditions didn't look great on arrival, but the snow gods were good to us and a huge dump of snow arrived overnight on the Sunday, which set us up nicely for the week, with a few little top-ups later in the week as needed!

Our appartments were right next door to each other, ideal for cadging dinner round theirs every night, and meant that once the boys had gone to bed we could wheel a sleeping J round, leave him in the hallway with a coat over the pram while we played cards!

There was still very little snow in the town, just enough left to be able to cross the road outside the appartment and jump on the express run down through a tunnel, to arrive right at the main bubble lift, handy!

F was in ski school every morning, C was in nursery (to his evident disappointment, having told us all he would be skiing!) Daddy and I generally took turns looking after J while
Our appartment is in the backgroundOur appartment is in the backgroundOur appartment is in the background

...just to the left of the human cannonball!
the other skiied, although we got a chance to ski together one afternoon when R&K offered to babysit, thanks guys!

It wasn't all plain sailing (skiing) though. One by one, people were picked off by a nasty vomiting bug. I escaped it, but when J vomited while asleep in my arms one night I sat up suddenly and reopened the eye injury from when his fingernail snagged my cornea sometime last September. So I was in a lot of pain, eyes streaming and horribly sensitive to light for a couple of days (not great when everywhere you look is glaringly white!)

We all recovered to full health and had a lovely holiday. Al and I even managed a romantic dinner à deux, sharing a traditional 'raclette', a couple of kilos of cheese melting under an electric element, which you drip onto your potatoes and bread. Doesn't sound that romantic when you put it like that, and then of course you end up so full of cheese you get a stomach ache and can barely walk!

J went up in the cable car a couple of times, we rode the little train around town, he played with the
Mr & Mrs Smug holiday shotMr & Mrs Smug holiday shotMr & Mrs Smug holiday shot

It was pretty cold though - can you tell?!
cousins a lot, and loved being in his travel cot, playing peekaboo over the top edge!

Anyway, enjoy the pics.
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dinner with the neighbours!Dinner with the neighbours!
Dinner with the neighbours!

Proof that we were actually there with the B-Rs (apologies for nicking this directly from Roddys photos)
So happy....So happy....
So happy....

...not to be in the water! Poor wee man cowered in Daddy's arms and whimpered whenever anyone splashed or shouted. He certainly inherited his Daddy's Scottish tan!
Tombliboooo!*Tombliboooo!*
Tombliboooo!*

Must be losing weight, his trousers slid down just as I went to take the pic! (* 'in the Night Garden' reference for those without under 3s!)


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb