sabbatical 2019 - Edinborough


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 23rd 2019
Published: July 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Lovely breakfast and chat with our B and B host - Joanna. She renovated the 1898 3 story boarding house we are in, on the 3rd floor. We walked a self guided tour today around Edinborough after a leisurely morning of quiet time led by our Celtic Prayer book. More amazingly warm and sunny weather...Wonderful simple lunch at the edge of the Meadows on the walkway Becky would have walked to go to church when she lived here. Hearing many different languages being spoken. In fact the 2 waitresses at our sfternoon stop at a pub were both from Eastern Europe. Fascinating and enriching to be surrounded by so many different cultures.

One church we walked into today was set up with information boards surrounding the sanctuary. One set of boards shared how Christianity has affected the culture - the abolition of slavery, care for the poor and unfotunate, etc.. The other set of boards was the influence of the culture on Christianity from Celtic Spirituality through the Middle Ages,, the Enlightenment, the Anglican revival of the 19th century and present day. Several hosts were present to talk with tourists (pilgrims). What a wonderful invitation to the general public and a creative use of their space. On Sunday all the boards are moved out for them to enjoy worship.

Internet is working so 2 more pictures from yesterday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb