Day Twelve- Peebles


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 8th 2018
Published: July 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Headed off to Peebles today, finally the reason for the trip! The whole family is staying at Peebles Hydro hotel for the weekend to celebrate Trudi’s grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, with a big dinner party on Saturday night. Because of this dinner party we’ve had to bring some nice clothes, but after hearing what everyone else was wearing we weren’t sure if we’d be underdressed. So this morning we headed out to John Lewis to find Bec a new dress (trudi and I decided to just wear what we’d brought). We found one that was perfect for her, and then hurried home so we could be out of the air bnb by the right time.

To tell this next part I need to backtrack to Sunday when we checked in. The host had asked us what time we’d be leaving, and said the latest was 4pm. So we said we could probably be out by 12/12:30ish. He said to let him know what time when we knew. Personally, I completely forgot about letting him know, and Trudi had shrugged off that comment because her view was that we had told him 12:30pm.

So today we packed everything up and were all ready to go before we left to get Bec’s dress so that we could get back in and leave straight away. We got back at 12:15 and the host was already there, and very mad. He yelled at Trudi and said we were supposed to be gone by 12 etc etc. Suddenly he flipped attitudes and started apologising and sweet talking but by that time we were already out the door. Big miscommunication with a very strange outcome.

We headed to trudi’s grandparents’ place for lunch (spinach gnocchi) and then made our way to Peebles! After we checked in we went straight to the bar for some food (the gnocchi was supposed to serve 2 but we had to split between 5 and it didn’t satisfy us all the way over). That was at 3:30pm, and by 6pm the entire family (roughly 30 people) had made their way to us and the small bar.

We had dinner at 6:30pm, which was a three course meal. For entree I had “Pressed duck and red onion marmalade with crisp sour dough”, for main I had “Roast pork loin with herb mash, roast roots and cider gravy” for dessert I had a lemon tart.

After dinner a few of us went to the billiard room where we played some pool for a while, and then I eventually headed off to bed (yes, yes, it’s not surprising anymore that I’m behind).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb