MIdlothian


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Penicuik
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry guys, no pictures today as we spent the evening with Lori & Nigel and ran out of time to upload the pics. Started our day at the Dalhousie Castle with a huge traditional Scottish breakfast (haggis, black pudding, sausage, back bacon, fried mushrooms, tomato, potato scones and eggs. Wow, didn't eat again until dinner time. Checked out of the castle (many thanks to the FANTASTIC staff at Dalhousie Castle) and visited Roslin Chapel and Roslin Castle. We then made our way to Lori & Nigel's place in Balerno, SW of Edinburgh with a few detours along the way as we got lost a few times (tree covered road signs). Finally made it by 2:30 pm, 1/2 hr. ahead of schedule. Did some drinking and catching up and then made our way to a famous local pub for deep fried haggis balls (Don & Nigel) and some excellent fish cakes and haddock for me & Lori. That along with some really good Scotch made for a wonderful evening. We're spending the night at Lori & Nigel's and after a Scottisdh breakfeast prepared by Nigel tomorrow morning will be heading out for a trip to Pitlochry and a visit to our favourite distillery, Edradour and some sightseeing before heading back to Edinburgh to check into our hotel there for the next 4 nights. Will upload pictures from the last 2 days tomorrow night. Now back to some more Scotch with the Robertsons - see you tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb