Scotland 2012


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Lasswade
July 8th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Because of our high speed race back from the cottage we were slightly late arriving at the airport for our flight to Scotland. We made it by 7:15 only to be greeted by a huge line-up (probably over 100 people) already lined up for check-in. Luckily I had spent $50 per person for Elite + upgrade which allowed us to line up in the upgrade lineup and there was no one in front of us. We checked in and made it through our gate in 15 mins. So by 7:30 pm we were seated in the restaurant having a leisurely dinner. Boarded our flight at 9:15 and took off at 10:15 with a strong tailwind that got us to Glasgow in 6 1/2 hrs. It was drizzly and 12 degrees when we landed, - quite a change from the 30 + temperatures we had experienced all week, but a nice change from the heat. Picked up our rental car without a hitch - no Mercedes this time, but we have a really sporty Vauxhall (diesel) instead that is much larger than the compact Mercedes we've had the last 2 times we've been here. It took us a little over 1 hour to get to the Dalhousie Castle hotel where we are staying tonight, with a short stop for lunch at the Laird and Dog pub where we had steak and aled pie (Don) and venison stew (Elke). We arrived at the castle at about 2:00 pm and as our room was not quite ready, explored the grounds and visited the Falconry where we saw eagles, hawks, and owls. Took some great photos and then checked in to our authentic 15th century suite.
We had enough time to have a 3 hour nap (neither of us slept much on the plane) and then it was time to get ready for our dinner in the Dungeon Restaurant (haunted).
Fabulous meal, lobster & filet followed by Port and cheeses delivered to our room.
Off to visit Lori & Ben Nigel tomorrow with a stop at Rosslyn chapel to check out the renovations, then looking forward to a haggis pub dinner with L & BN.
See you tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Dungeon restaurantDungeon restaurant
Dungeon restaurant

haunted restaurant as reported on BBc's most Haunted
Dalhousie roomDalhousie room
Dalhousie room

15th centruy room


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb