Well, we're still alive!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 21st 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hmm, sorry for the inactivity, we have been pretty busy or just tired. I think I'll pick up from Ireland. Galway was an amazing city in which we had tons of fun, got in a fight with a drunk irish marine ( which we won without trying because he took one swing at me while my back was turned and dillon blocked it then defended himself easily) and this man was very drunk and harassing some friends we had made, so we stepped in. No biggy really. So we flew out of Galways to Glasgow, Scotland and nearly missed the train to Inverness. Literally we ran the entire way then dillon had to throw his body and pry the doors open to get us through. We decided not to sleep in Glasgow because we heard so many terrible things about it. Although, when we arrived there dillon and I were fascinated by it. It litteraly was a realistic Gotham city and dillon felt he could thrive in that city on the feeling of kill or be killed, survival of the fittest. So, we headed to Inverness on a wing and prayer hoping that our arrival there around 11pm wouldnt be too late. I tried calling the Hostel to let them know we were coming but just got a machine. So we hurried to it after arriving to catch the receptionist and manager actually leaving. They helped us out and put us in a room quickly then made us go out to the pub with them. We became friends with those 2 guys quickly and 2 of our roomies quickly as well.
We eventually, went to Loch Ness, and we had planned since the conception of this trip to swim in it. 3 of our roomies came with us to watch cause they didnt think we would and they filmed it for us on dillons flip camera. It wasn't so cold in the shallow area but as soon as we got deep and went for a swim about 20 ft out it was taking our breath away. So it was a lot of fun we got lost in the woods on the way there which was pretty pathetic cause all we had to do was follow a path, dillons doing not mine! So Inverness the city was amazing; dillon and i have gotten into the habbit of walking all around the city ourselves to get a feel for it and this city is beautiful all around. Loved it. In every city we have met great people and we will miss them but in every new one we meet new friends and its almost like continuing the relationship with the same people. A weird feeling but you must travel I guess to see what I mean, everyone leaves their special imprint, yet all of us travellers seem to hold enough in common to seem the same.

So now we are in Edinburgh and this city is EPIC. Just walking through it makes me want to study every aspect of it. I was glad of the long walk to the hostel. Interestingly enough as well, we are finding things to be cheaper here in Scotland using the pound than in Ireland with the euro. Anyways, I am getting pretty choppy here in my writing so I'll wrap it up. Tonight we are staying in and reading (amazingly my brothers idea) and we didnt even have a beer (or cider which is nearly as popular as beer here) with our dinner, which is the first time. Money is working out fine luckily so far and we are loving it here.

We love you all!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.56s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb