The Highlands


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 13th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.8656, -4.25722

We headed of f from Plockton this morning about 9-30am. Drove to Kyle of :Lochash, the entrance to the Isle of Skye. We drove over the Skye bridge and headed to Portree the capital of Skye. The scenery was great, hilly counrty with plenty of green and purple and of course marvellous views across the water.
Stopped in Portree for a short time and walked along the wharf. We then decided to drive back to Kyle and head southward. Stopped at Dornie at Eilean Dorne castle. Fletcher was desperate to take a photo so drove up into the hills but the viewpoint there did not give us a good view. In the end we had lunch at the local pub in Dornie.
It had been a lovely morning with sunny skies.As we drove south , however, the clouds gathered.
We headed towards Fort William. The scenery along the way was spectacular with huge mountains like Ben Nevis looming above us and the green valleys interspersed with rivulets and waterfalls. We drove along the shores of Loch Lomond but by that time the rain was heavy so we couldn't see much. We tried to see if there was somewhere at Dumbarton we could stay but decided to drive on to Glasgow.
We spotted this hotel, The Best Western Pond Hotel. So we booked in here for the next two days.
I have been trying to upload photos but have not had much luck at the moment. I'll keep trying .


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb