From North Carolina, USA to Glasgow, Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 5th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

An early morning climb of Arthur's Seat, the large hill and best lookout in Edinburgh meant lots of happy snaps of the amazing city that is Edinbugh. The climb took about 15 minutes, and although my fitness isn't the same as when I left Australia, the stunning view made the trek more than worthwhile.

5 years ago, I studied for a semester at the University of North Carolina (UNC) in the USA. One of the many great friends I made while there, Heather, lives across the other side of Scotland in Glasgow. An hours train ride, and we spent the next umpteen hours discussing the parties, people and fun of studying at UNC.

Glaswegians know how to party, so after a few Scottish beers with Heather, her roommates and friends, we headed out to some local bars to party with the best Glasgow has to offer. Heather's boyfriendspent a year backpacking throgh Australia, so was more than keen to compare notes on places he travelled as well as show this Aussie what Glasgow was like. Visiting a few bars, we ended up in an underground nightclub that was decked out like an arabic harem, with lounges, beds, lots of gold trim and good music. A few more scotch whiskys, and we had ourselves a great party.

Upon our way home, and well into the next morning Heather and I continued to trade stories and memories of the fun and mischief that our international group at UNC got up to. Glasgow and its people rock!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb