5 weeks & counting!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
July 30th 2005
Published: July 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

New Age ArchitectureNew Age ArchitectureNew Age Architecture

This is the Glasgow Science Centre on The River Clyde in Glasgow.
Egg #2:

Well, we've only got 5 weeks now till we'll be in Bangkok - I cant quite believe it, the time is now rolling on so quickly it's really catching us by surprise!

Egg#1 finished work last Thursday (he's SO pleased). Spent his first day getting up V early, sorting things out, being ultra organised - I was very impressed. 8 days on, and he's more chilled and getting into the rhythm of a relaxed holiday lifestyle. He's taken a big notion for sailing, and has just about signed us up to do an Royal Yachting Association qually while we're in Aus. 'Sailing in the Whitsundays' - sounds magic doesn't it? Only thing I'm worried about is falling in the ocean and being attacked by sharks. I know - its completely irrational - but a gir's allowed (Girls Aloud???) to have her hangups.

Given Egg #1s new obsession with all things 'boat', you'll be unsurprised to learn that last weekend we took a trip to Glasgow for the River Festival, which was a weekend event based on the River Clyde with lots of water based activites. You could see tall ships, go for a short sailing jaunt
Catso MallatsoCatso MallatsoCatso Mallatso

Our pal Stevie.
(what do you think happened there?) watch speedboat races, etc etc... We took Egg #1's Dad - AKA Joe Smoke, and had a really nice time - see photos below.

Oh, and there's been a major development on the rucksac front - I've bought one - hurrah! Was in TISO for about 3 days trying on different ones with weights etc.. and finally decided on a brill Berghaus number. Best thing about it is that its got a silver rain cover that folds away, and when in use makes it look like a jet pack. I heart the rucksac. I know that'll change as soon as its loaded with the 65 litres of make up and high heels (I'm joking, Alan) and I have to walk 900 miles (and walk 900 hundred more) with it welded to my back - but I guess that's all part of the adventure. .....hmmm.

Now, I have to say hello to Rick - the Interpol Ramone T shirt guy from our TITP blog. Thanks for getting in touch!

What else??? Well, the Edinburgh festival is upon us. We went to the Speigelgarden last night at George Square on the South Side and enjoyed a couple of glasses of vino collapso in the super ambient surroundings. The full blown fest has not yet kicked in, where there are a gazzillion comedy and theatre shows a day, but the Jazz fest is now underway. We're off to see a Latin Jazz duo tonight in Speigeltent II @ Malmaison in Leith - hope its good as its a tenner to get in.

So, I've still got three weeks at work, but that's OK as I reckon its going to fly in if the last couple of months are anything to go by. Got a few nights out organised too, so our livers will no doubt be taking a hit from those.

Anyway - time to go - we're off out into the glorious Scottish weather (it's chucking it down) to have a look at some travel sleep sheets. Alan wants silk ones - I'm convinced he has dillusions of grandeur.

Bye for now,
Shaz. x








Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Portland BillPortland Bill
Portland Bill

Joe had to keep ducking as the sail had a mind of its own.
Captain PugwashCaptain Pugwash
Captain Pugwash

Egg #1 was really chuffed to be steering the dinghy. He cant wait to do the proper course in Aus.
Fin?  What fin???????Fin?  What fin???????
Fin? What fin???????

Shaz on high alert for potential shark attacks.
Back on dry landBack on dry land
Back on dry land

I'm sure I've seen a photo of the Kray Twins that looks just like this.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb