The Day That Wasn’t


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
June 5th 2022
Published: June 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today was scheduled to be Museum and Sunday Roast Day, it turned out to be sleep and do-nothing day. We had already decided the night before to cancel our Sunday Roast reservation because my stomach was just not going to be up to it. We had cancelled our dinner reservation for tonight earlier in the week, as we anticipated we would be quite full from our Sunday Roast Lunch.

None of this happened of course. We did sleep until about 11, then Jerry showered and was going to go to the Huntarian Art Gallery, but by the time he was ready he would have only had an 90-minutes to get there and enjoy the museum. Instead, he went out and about doing some other exploring. He also stopped at a pharmacy to and got some OTC to deal with my stomach that was recommended by the pharmacist. He also scouted close by restaurants that might have food my stomach could handle. He would take pictures send them to me then I would look them up on the computer to check out the menus. We did find one this way.

That was the entire day. Dinner was pretty boring we both had Chicken & Ham pies and a side salad. The pies were ok, but still not Victoria pub.

Before I sign off, lets talk Glasgow advice, this is based on our entire time there since as I write this entry we are now in our last city of the trip, London. First, while it is centrally located to be near the train station or the center of the city, it is just a city and, on a weekend, filled with the usual rebel rousers and hooligans, spilling out of the pubs into the street. Now if you’re a party goer or a twenty something, this is great, but if you’re looking for a bit more refined experience, you might want to consider staying in the West End near the Glasgow University, Huntarian Art Gallery & Kelvingrove Art Museum. This is a nicer area and much quainter with several dining options to choose..

We have not decided if we were slighted by Glasgow or we Slighted the city. Given that we took an entire day off from vacation, we didn’t’ really experience the full city. However, many of the sights were closed or under reconstruction and covered by scaffolding. If your planning a trip to Glasgow I might suggest you wait another year maybe two, to allow them to get the restoration’s completed.

Tomorrow is a walking tour of Medieval Glasgow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb