In Glasgow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
August 17th 2008
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.8656, -4.25722

Well, we finally left Inverness this morning. We arrived in Glasgow about 3:00PM. We checked in to our hotel and returned the rental car. We put almost 4000 miles on it in 54 days! So let me back up to where I left off in the last blog.
On Sunday, August 10th we went back to Elgin to visit Spynie Palace, which is a castle ruin. It was really cool! We also drove back to Brodie Castle because they were having a vintage car show that day. It had cars from 1902 to the present. Many were cars that I never even heard of. You can view the pics and see Stacy standing next to 2 cars that she owned in a previous life. Also a pic of our next family car!
Monday was a day of rest and we sent out a package of souveniers home because our luggage was close to overweight when we left.
On Tuesday we left for the Aberdeen area. We stopped at Huntly Castle, Leith Hall and the Loanhead Stone Circle which are 4500 years old. We stayed in a B&B in Inverurie. It was kind of weird in that it was in the middle of a neighborhood. On Wednesday, we headed back towards Inverness and made alot of stops. We saw Castle Fraser, Kildrummy Castle, the Grampion Transport Center, St. Mary's Kirk and Balvenie Castle. Oh, to be a ten year old and touring these castles. I could run around them and be a knight in shining armour rescuing beautiful princesses!
On Thursday, we had some shopping to do. When we got back the weather cleared and the sun came out. We decided to go for a walk around the Caladonian Canal and the Firth of Moray. We walked for about 2 hours. It was really nice.
On Friday, we drove to Ullapool on the west coast in the rain. We walked around and then headed back towards Inverness. On the way we stopped at the Corrieshalloch Gorge and walked down to the suspension bridge to view it. It was still raining.
Well thats it for this blog. We have 2 days left here in GLasgow. We fly to London on Monday night and then leave London for San Francisco on Tuesday morning. We are starting to look forward to coming home now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Stacy and a 1970 MG MidgetStacy and a 1970 MG Midget
Stacy and a 1970 MG Midget

Stacy had a car just like this when I met her.
Stacy and a 1965 Mini Cooper SStacy and a 1965 Mini Cooper S
Stacy and a 1965 Mini Cooper S

Stacy used to autocross and rally a car like this
Loanhead Standing StonesLoanhead Standing Stones
Loanhead Standing Stones

These stones were put here 4500 years ago. The stone I am standing next to weighs about 20 tons. How the heck did they move it to there.


Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb