Home again, home again, jiggity jig!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sacramento
August 21st 2008
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.579, -121.491

Well, this is the last entry for this trip. We made it home in one piece. All of our luggage showed up and customs was a breeze.
So let me back up to Sunday the 17th. As you remember, we arrived in Glasgow on Saturday. So, on Sunday we got tickets to the hop-on hop-off bus tour of Glasgow and took a circuit of Glasgow. We got off at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and looked around there for about a couple of hours. We then crossed the street and visited the Glasgow Transport Museum. That also took a couple of hours. We then went out for a nice Italian dinner and then back to our hotel.
On Monday, we hopped back on the bus and stopped at the Glasgow Cathedral and looked at that. It was built in the 1200's. We then went across the road and saw the Provands Lordship, which is the oldest house in Glasgow. It was pretty cool. The ceilings are about 61/2 feet tall, so I had to watch my head. After that we went to the Royal Highland Fusiliers Museum, which is the military museum in Glasgow. We then walked up a huge hill to the Tenement House. It is in a building used as tenements(apartments) in the early 1900's. The one we toured still has all of the furniture and stuff in it from when the last renter had it in the 1920's. She left it all there when she died and her daughter kept it for years before turning it over to the preservation society.
We got back to our hotel around 5:00PM and called a cab to take us to the airport. We checked in and waited for our flight. It was a short flight to London. We took a cab to our hotel right by the airport and went to bed.
The next morning we got up and went down for some breakfast. The clerk said it wasn't included with our room but we could buy tickets for the breakfast buffet. The cost was L17.50($35.00) per person. I told him he was crazy and we left for the airport. We checked in and then went thru security and to our gate, figuring that we would get something to eat near the gate. WRONG. No food, no drinks, not even water. We had to wait until we were served lunch on the plane to eat.
We finally arrived in San Francisco. We were going to spend the night near the airport, but I decided that we were awake enough to drive home. We left for home in heavy traffic, most of the way.
Its nice to finally be back home in our house. We had a great trip, saw many things and learned alot. We thank all of the people who left comments on the blog and hope that it wasn't too long or boring. The end.(of this trip)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



22nd August 2008

Welcome home Glad to see you made it home safwe and sound, want to thak you for all your comments about your trips and the sights you saw. I saved all the pictures and enjoyed every one of them, it was a trip of a life time. Again thank y
ou and welcome home. Gary & Judy Nelson

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb