Day 9 - Carbost to Kilchoan


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 9 - Carbost to Kilchoan


The Old InnThe Old InnThe Old Inn

Carbost - steps away from The Tallisker Distillery
Today's mission is to leave the Isle of Skye and head for the ferry from Kilchoan to Tobermory. Left Carbost travelling down a single track road with furry obstacles. Another sunny day??? Booked my 90 minute boat trip in Elgol and then drove Elke, Sam and Benny back up the hill where they could explore the shop and the small creek. I drove back down to the pier and got ready for the tour across the loch. Water was calm and nice ride. The Bella Jane does this trip mainly to drop passengers off so they may hike across the islands. Right beside the dock was the beach that Danny MacAskil started his trek called "The Ridge"



Watch this clip, you won't believe what this Scottish bike rider will do.

Got to see lots of Harbour Seals again but alas no Puffins.

Back into port and again down the winding roads dodging the sheep. Caught the ferry at Armadale headed for Mallaig. Started driving towards Kilchoan passed Morar and the spectacular white beaches and aqua blue water. Although it looks like the Caribbean the water was not for swimming without a full wet suit.

Stopped
Pier at ElgolPier at ElgolPier at Elgol

Crab Traps
for coffee in Salen (another mandatory mocha for Sam and Benny) and learned about the forest fires in the area that had been burning for 2 weeks.

Exhausted made it to the hotel in Kilchoan to wait for ferry next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Loch Na Culcie BeachLoch Na Culcie Beach
Loch Na Culcie Beach

Beach that started Danny MacAskill ride "The Ridge"
Garth DuncanGarth Duncan
Garth Duncan

Master Goldsmith and Blademaster
LambLamb
Lamb

Mmmmm..
Elke's seafood saladElke's seafood salad
Elke's seafood salad

Armadale. Most amazing salad in SCotland
Benny's Seafood PizzaBenny's Seafood Pizza
Benny's Seafood Pizza

Notice the shells. Armadale


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb