Endless Green


Advertisement
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Took yesterday the 6.40 from Haymarket to Glasgow Central and had a connection to Stranvaer at the same station at 8.07.At Stranvaer the ferry of the Stena line is next to the station. The trip Glasgow Stranvaer takes about 3 hours and you see a lot of green, hills, meadows and a lot of unknown stations like Perswick international airport an hour from Glasgow. A small airport however with huge parking lots .The day started with rain but slowly slowly it became dry. On the way there are also meadows with only completely black cows. When these are the Angus cows the meat tastes better than it looks like when still alive.

Other small stations like Maybole and Barhill where people get on and off the train and finally Stranvaer.Was able to take an earlier ferry than planned the Stena Caladonian brought me in three hours to Belfast harbor.
Arrived there at 15.00 hours and took a taxi to the hotel.Shared the taxi with a family who had to catch the train, shared the costs as well . An old english taxi has room enough for two families and luggage they are huge. The taxi driver had worked in his youth in Rotterdam in the oilbusiness. I asked him about the riots of earlier this week and he explained that this were no riots but called Troubles. Yes indeed there were a lot of them beginning this week but slowing down after the Orange parades. Anyhow they don t parade and fight in the centre so no problem.

Later I saw some police patrolcars and they look more like small tanks than a police car.Good to feel safe in them for the police.It rained a bit in the afternoon but dry and sunny again in the evening,


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb