Here we are again!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
January 14th 2016
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.4673, -0.4529

Time check: 1715 GMT

Location: Room 501 Heathrow Hotel (whoop) Bath Road

The last remnents of daylight are fading. The lights of the Runway 27R twinkle in the distance as a crescent moon hangs high above the chilly scene. A distant rumble and another 777 lumbers into the air.....one can only guess at the destination.....New York......Bridgetown Jamica.....Singapore....Chessington?....

Tomorrow beckons with the alluring prospect of  10hr + flight to Houston followed by a night in the George Bush Hotel and then a 4 hour sector the next day (Saturday) to Managua in Nicruagua. This is exciting stuff.....enough to warrant washing my sponge bag earlier in the day. I have been up since 0400hrs packing.....cleaning......charging appliances......etc. 

CHECK IN ON LINE STRIKES AGAIN....I never cease to be amazed at the length airlines go to reduce staff and pass the "admin buck" to the submissive and "thankyou for allowing me to travel" public. So far United Airlines are winning hand over fist.....my IPhone United Airlines App - Online Checkin.....has asked to take a photo of Cathy's passport.....it is uploading the image and we are watching a yellow progress bar slowly building from left to right.....4 minutes so far!  It has now given an error code...400..56.89...continue...YES.....!!!....screen fades....zip.....more verifying info baloney.....screen goes black......cheerful message about taking 5 mins to verify......zip....the cancel button looks very big.....10 minutes into process....failure...try again....uploading......ARGGGH!. Cancel.....looks like we need to go to a checkin desk tomorrow!!!!....DOOOOORH!...I then see it is asking for a photo of my passport....we flap about trying to get my IPhone to take a decent photo.....good grief! I could have walked across to T2 by now and checked in using a blunt lettuce!!!!

TINY SOAP SYNDROME!  Talk about profit line maximisation!  The soap in our bathroom is the size of a throat sweet.....

DINNER: As we tuck in.... I notice most inhabitants of the restaurant are single males all tapping away at laptops and iPhones at the same time as eating!!! Sad but true

Time check 1950: horizontal.....zzzzzz
 
 

 
 

 


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th January 2016

Get a grip, that picture looks wonky, please straighten it at once. X
15th January 2016

Katie I am sitting in an alcove so there is a wall to the right which gives an optical illusion of a non straight photo!
15th January 2016

Hmmmmm.

Tot: 0.395s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb