No beds at the Inn


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 13th 2006
Published: September 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys

Well it's been madness at this end. Sorry you still aren't going to get to see any photos, we've taken hundreds but have not found a suitable place to upload them.

We are currently at Gatwick airport and staying here the night as the cheapest hotel in the vicinty of the airport is £265 a night ( Chris wants a word with all those who told her bookings weren't essential) and we have to leave at 4am for our flight so as we weren't feeling that rich we decided that we will bed down here tonight.

Chris has gone to have a shower and I may follow suit if it's any good.

Since last writing we have been very busy.

We had a day at Seaworld what a blast, some really cool things to check out there. We went along to a thing called 'Dine with Shamu' where you get to have a buffet lunch while a killer whale swims and jumps about two feet away from you!!! Truly spectacular.

Afterwards we shot down to Fashion Valley a huge Mall complex with the four major US retailers plus a heap more shops. Really great bargins, however our limited carrying capability held us back from buying to much.

On September 11 we went to the San Diego Zoo which again was pretty amazing, checked out the Panda's which seem to have a great life just kicking back eating bamboo. We also saw the Polar bears which were amazing and got some great underwater shots.

Despite our recent problems with directions we again tried our hand at the public transport system. It went pretty well this time got to where we wanted to go but we were 5 minutes too late to get on the 'Midway' aircraft carrier which was a bit of a downer but maybe next time.

We had a harbour cruise and dinner that night and got to see the skyline of San Diego all lit up.

They also took us past the naval base where we got to see some serious military hardware.

Our last day in San Diego was a wind down day. We chilled out by the hotel pool, enjoying yet another 30 degree day.

We had a good flight from LAX, due to booking in early at San Diego we managed to get an exit seat so heaps of leg room.

And that's about us.

Hope you're all well back home.

Thanks to those who have flicked us back an email or a comment it's good to know you're still all alive and kicking.

Will post again soon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb