First God Created Man Then he crated Airline....just to mess with us


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
September 10th 2006
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

24 Hours down and it already feels like 24 days.

We started off with a 2 hour delay in Auckland.
Nothing too major there you may think but with connecting flights and a high level of security any delay was going to be a problem.
We scored a good seat right at the front of the plane by the bulkhead which although meant no one in front of us could push their seat back I still had to do a David Blane illusion to stay in the seat for the 12 hr flight!
Luckily Chris's legs didn't even reach the wall. It's tough being a tall man in a short man's world.
I quickly set about completing the Boeing Company's quality control and managed to pull the entire headrest off the seat. The cabin crew wouldn't help and as Chris was turning a brighter shade of red. So I unleashed a DIY effort (with the help of the five surrounding rows of males) that even Cocksy would have been proud of and managed to repair it.

We arrived in LA shattered but in reasonable shape. They decided due to us arriving late they would dock at a remote terminal. In Christchurch this would mean arriving at Hornby Mall and then busing back. On the bus ride in to the terminal the fresh smell of rubber gloves permeated the air ( arrrhhhhh the smell latex, the smell of the LAX security team) I have never met a group of people so happy in their work. As we left immigration with either a smile or a grimace on our faces we came to the realisation that one of our bags had not accompanied us to LAX - 1 Hour, many tears and a carton of cigarettes later the lovely mexican man who's name eludes me came back to us not with news of the where abouts of our lost bag, but indeed our lost bag..........which apparently wasn't lost but was on a deserted island with Sawyer, Michael, charlie and a polar bear......NAUGHTY NAUGHTY BAG!!
We asked it if echo survived the explosion - it wouldn't say!! We scored a free meal for the dealyed flight and a customs lady who mistook us for a memeber of the dance troop that had been on our flight soon had a smile returned to our faces. We did an improtu dance which still didn't convice the lady we weren;t part of the group. Our final flight to San Diego was non eventful. We manged to negotiate the San Diego public transport system with ease, when then decided to walk the last couple of Km's to the hotel. Two hours later we were where our bag had been two hours earlier. Sawyer and Micheal were so happy to see the bag back. If we had followed our hunch we would have been fine, but had asked for directions from a San Diego Transport officer who apparently hated people with New Zealand flags on their packs.

So that's it for now tomorrow we are off to sea world. San Diego is a beautiful city, if you haven't been here book a ticket, if you have been get back, and if you live here why are you reading our blog!

Sorry no photo's this time.

Quote for the day " Man who run through airport turnstile going to Bangkok"

Love ya's see ya later.



Advertisement



12th September 2006

Mexico
I hope that whilst you are down in San Diego. You will be travelling through to Mexico. Its well worth the day trip. But for christ sake don't forget your passport. You don't need it to get cross the border. But you will need it to get back into the States.
12th September 2006

Sounds Like Fun
Hiya guys Wow, a two hour delay, bugger and at the beginning of the trip too. You missed all the fun today, but your dogs wouldn't have, a meteorite flew through the atmosphere creating a sonic boom much a likeness as to what comes out of your butt christopher but 900 times louder, things shook and it was all fun and laughter till it landed by Mt John, Tekapo. Exciting eh. Weather wet tonight, but had a clear day. Kids great, I must get on the internet and have a nosey at San Diego. Enjoy sea world and no swimming with the rays. I hear their barbs are REALLY sharp. Take care, Love Mel, Zac, Finn and miss caity xx
14th September 2006

Joy
Oh the joys of transit America! Not a panic attack in sight? How was 9/11?
14th September 2006

Just a catch up
Hey you guys, where are the updates, the kids and I love getting on here to see what you are up too. Hope that you had an excellent time at Seaworld. Mum and Dad send their love and kisses, they sent me a text to say they were off to Malacca for the day. The weather today was great, your house is looking fine, drove past today. Finn is gearing up for the school photos and the end of year prize giving. Caity is getting sorted for the netball. Well take care and catch up soon, can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Lots of love, Mel Zac, Finn and Miss Caity xxx

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb