B5 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What does diversity look like in the UK? What different races are prominent in this society?

This site focuses on immigration into the UK. Moreover, how diverse it actually is. It gives me statistics on what ethnic groups that are common there. The site is talking about how everyone in the UK isn't British and there are some non-British people there. Thus, why it talks about some of the diversity that the UK has.



The UK isn't evenly diverse, but it is diverse. Majority of the people in the UK define themselves as 'White British', not fully white. This idea of White British is what majority of the people identify themselves has. However, there are some people that are Indian or Irish. Not many people in the UK are African American or Asian, but there are a few there. Overall, while in the UK you should see a lot of different races if you look in the right places. It is more diverse than a lot of other countries. In the end, you will see a percent of numerous races, giving the UK its diverse touch.



https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/publications/iser-reports/2011-12/how-diverse-is-the-uk

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb